The Mission and Ministry Board of the Church of the Brethren has published interpretive documents for its new strategic plan. They include “A Vision Storyline” of the plan and a FAQ document, both in three languages–English, Spanish, and Haitian Kreyol. Find the documents at www.brethren.org/strategicplan.
“The strategic plan, originally adopted last July, provides an exciting and Spirit‐led focus for the Mission and Ministry Board and Church of the Brethren staff,” said Lauren Seganos Cohen, pastor of Pomona (Calif.) Fellowship Church of the Brethren, who is a member of the board and the Strategic Planning Committee. “Since then, board and staff have already been working on its implementation, including organizing communication about the strategic plan to the wider denomination.”
The documents have been published “to give more transparency to how we are living into this strategic plan,” Cohen said.
“We pray that congregations and districts will be energized by understanding how the Mission and Ministry Board and Church of the Brethren staff will be guided by this plan in the years to come.”
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- Newsline for Sept. 24, 2021
- Mission and Ministry Board approves grant for new collaboration to aid Afghanistan evacuees
- Haitians at the border: A Brethren response
- Brethren Press’s Advent devotional for 2021, Hoosier Prophet, Maria’s Kit of Comfort among new resources for Brethren
- National Youth Conference 2022 registration opens Dec. 1