The Church of the Brethren Mission and Ministry Board will hold its pre-Annual Conference meeting on Saturday and Sunday, June 26-27. The meeting will be a hybrid of in-person and Zoom options for attendance, with most of the board members gathering at the General Offices in Elgin, Ill.
Open session meetings of the full board will be broadcast via Zoom Webinar. Pre-registration is required to view the meeting. Find the meeting schedule, agenda, background documents, and registration link to attend at www.brethren.org/mmb/meeting-info.
Topping the board’s agenda are decisions on the budget parameter for 2022 and priorities for ministries. The board is continuing to work on aligning denominational ministries with its new strategic plan. Action also will be taken on recommendations from a Brethren Press Reimagining Team, a new communications policy, and updates to the financial policies, among other business.
This will be the closing meeting of Patrick’s Starkey’s term as chair of the board. Assisting him in leading the meeting will be chair-elect Carl Fike, who takes leadership as chair following Annual Conference 2021. At the end of this meeting, the board will recognize and say farewell to four members, in addition to Starkey, who also are completing their terms of service: Marty Barlow, Thomas Dowdy, Lois Grove, and Diane Mason.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- National Youth Conference registration begins, more presenters are announced
- COVID response plan is set in place for 2022 Annual Conference
- Kay Gaier and Anna Lisa Gross named to interim leadership of South/Central Indiana District
- Brethren Faith in Action round up for 2021
- EYN reports lives lost and churches and homes burned in Kautikari attack