The Church of the Brethren’s Material Resources director Loretta Wolf has issued a plea for more donations of Church World Service (CWS) disaster relief kits. The Material Resources staff process, warehouse, and ship disaster relief materials and other goods working out of the Brethren Service Center in New Windsor, Md.
Wolf is asking for “donations in any way possible…. We have very little on hand to process and the needs continue. School kits and clean-up kits are especially needed.”
School kits offer children affected by disasters the supplies they need to continue their school work including notebooks, pencils, crayons, and more.
Clean-up kits, called “emergency clean-up buckets” by CWS because they are packed in five-gallon plastic buckets, include the common cleaning supplies needed by disaster survivors to clean up their homes following incidents such as hurricanes and floods.
Find detailed information about how to assemble the various CWS kits at https://cwskits.org. Please send or deliver donated kits to the Brethren Service Center using this address: CWS, Brethren Service Center, 601 Main St., P.O. Box 188, New Windsor, MD 21776-0188. For more information call Material Resources at 410-635-8795.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- Interfaith Prayer Service marks 20th anniversary of 9/11
- Children’s Disaster Services responds to Hurricane Ida, Afghan evacuation
- EDF grants support earthquake relief in Haiti
- Office of Peacebuilding and Policy signs letter supporting Afghan refugees, urging humanitarian action by Biden administration
- Remembering Dale Brown, professor emeritus at Bethany Seminary and a leading theologian in the Church of the Brethren