Jennifer Houser has been hired by the Church of the Brethren as director of the Brethren Historical Library and Archives (BHLA) at the denomination’s General Offices in Elgin, Ill.
She is a licensed minister currently serving as part-time pastor at Crest Manor Church of the Brethren in South Bend, Ind. She also is a reference associate at Mishawaka-Penn-Harris Public Library, which has branches in Mishawaka and Harris, Ind.
She is a graduate of Messiah College in Mechanicsburg, Pa., where she earned a bachelor of arts in Christian Ministries. She holds a master of divinity degree from Duke Divinity School at Duke University in Durham, N.C., where she worked as the archival assistant.
Houser will begin her work with the BHLA on Aug. 2.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- Church of the Brethren congregations offer a variety of worship opportunities
- National Youth Conference registration begins, more presenters are announced
- COVID response plan is set in place for 2022 Annual Conference
- Kay Gaier and Anna Lisa Gross named to interim leadership of South/Central Indiana District
- Brethren Faith in Action round up for 2021