Jennifer Houser has been hired by the Church of the Brethren as director of the Brethren Historical Library and Archives (BHLA) at the denomination’s General Offices in Elgin, Ill.
She is a licensed minister currently serving as part-time pastor at Crest Manor Church of the Brethren in South Bend, Ind. She also is a reference associate at Mishawaka-Penn-Harris Public Library, which has branches in Mishawaka and Harris, Ind.
She is a graduate of Messiah College in Mechanicsburg, Pa., where she earned a bachelor of arts in Christian Ministries. She holds a master of divinity degree from Duke Divinity School at Duke University in Durham, N.C., where she worked as the archival assistant.
Houser will begin her work with the BHLA on Aug. 2.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- Brethren Academy offers Clergy Tax Seminar 2023
- Brethren bits for Nov. 18, 2022
- Southern Ohio and Kentucky District Conference celebrates ‘firsts’
- Jesus Lounge Ministry partners to support at-risk youth
- Committee seeks to contact Church of the Brethren members and initiatives working for racial justice