Jennifer Houser has been hired by the Church of the Brethren as director of the Brethren Historical Library and Archives (BHLA) at the denomination’s General Offices in Elgin, Ill.
She is a licensed minister currently serving as part-time pastor at Crest Manor Church of the Brethren in South Bend, Ind. She also is a reference associate at Mishawaka-Penn-Harris Public Library, which has branches in Mishawaka and Harris, Ind.
She is a graduate of Messiah College in Mechanicsburg, Pa., where she earned a bachelor of arts in Christian Ministries. She holds a master of divinity degree from Duke Divinity School at Duke University in Durham, N.C., where she worked as the archival assistant.
Houser will begin her work with the BHLA on Aug. 2.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- Children’s Disaster Services has a busy few weeks
- Brethren Disaster Ministries, Material Resources work with districts and partner organizations to continue flood response
- Learning dry season farming in Burundi
- Eglise des Freres Haitiens Miami members travel to Haiti
- Office of Ministry launches new webpage with compensation resources