Jennifer Houser has been hired by the Church of the Brethren as director of the Brethren Historical Library and Archives (BHLA) at the denomination’s General Offices in Elgin, Ill.
She is a licensed minister currently serving as part-time pastor at Crest Manor Church of the Brethren in South Bend, Ind. She also is a reference associate at Mishawaka-Penn-Harris Public Library, which has branches in Mishawaka and Harris, Ind.
She is a graduate of Messiah College in Mechanicsburg, Pa., where she earned a bachelor of arts in Christian Ministries. She holds a master of divinity degree from Duke Divinity School at Duke University in Durham, N.C., where she worked as the archival assistant.
Houser will begin her work with the BHLA on Aug. 2.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- CDS helps care for children and families among asylum seekers in Chicago area
- Church of the Brethren general secretary signs letter from Christian leaders to President Biden
- ‘Prayer Vigil: Ceasefire Now!’ will pray for peace in Israel and Palestine
- Next online meeting of Standing with People of Color process is Nov. 18
- Standing Committee of Annual Conference to hold online meetings open to the public