Children’s Disaster Services (CDS) is announcing its first volunteer training workshops since pandemic restrictions started last year. At this time, three events have been announced:
— Sept. 24-25, hosted by York Center Church of the Brethren in Lombard, Ill.;
— Oct. 22-23, hosted by Friendship Christian Reformed Church in Byron Center, Mich.; and
— Nov. 5-6, hosted by First Church of the Brethren in Roaring Spring, Pa.
The trainings are open to anyone 18 and older who is interested in joining in the work of CDS volunteer teams who care for children and families affected by disasters. Cost is $55 for early registration, including all meals, curriculum, and one overnight stay; or $65 for late registration when mailed less than three weeks before the event starts. Space is limited to the first 25 who register. Unless otherwise noted for a specific location, all trainings begin at 4:30 p.m. on the start date.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- Nigeria Crisis Response will continue into 2022
- Newsline for Nov. 20, 2021
- Brethren bits for Nov. 19, 2021
- Brethren Benefit Trust announces online insurance portal and online application for church workers’ assistance, holds fall board meetings
- Nigerian army confirms killing of brigadier general and soldiers in Askira Uba encounter