By Pauline Liu
Brethren Volunteer Service (BVS) hosted an in‐person summer orientation at Inspiration Hills Camp in Burbank, Ohio, from July 18 to Aug. 6. Unit 329 had five volunteers. BVSers and staff spent three weeks in intentional community connecting with each other through meaningful conversations, exploring different cooking techniques, living in solidarity, and serving the local community in Ohio.
With COVID‐19 guidelines in place, BVS is excited to host another upcoming in‐person orientation experience at Camp Brethren Heights in Rodney, Mich. The Fall Unit 330 will hold orientation Oct. 3-22. Applications are accepted through Sept. 3, and we encourage all applicants 18 years and older to apply.
BVS provides a number of benefits: housing and food, transportation to and from your project site, medical insurance, the option of loan deferment, valuable professional and technical experience, spiritual formation, and much more.
For more about Brethren Volunteer Service and how to apply, go to www.brethren.org/bvs.
— Pauline Liu coordinates volunteers for Brethren Volunteer Service.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- Remembering Belita Mitchell
- Fitzkee and Hollenberg head the ballot for the 2024 Annual Conference
- Mission Advancement shares matching gift opportunity
- Introducing ‘Shine Everywhere’
- Church of the Brethren general secretary one of more than 20 Christian leaders urging ceasefire in Israel and Palestine