Brethren Volunteer Service (BVS) is starting in-person training again with the summer orientation for Unit 329, gathering at Inspiration Hills Camp in Burbank, Ohio. Six volunteers are expected to take part.
BVS staff have announced a change in the dates for the fall orientation unit, to Oct. 3-22, in-person at Camp Brethren Heights in Rodney, Mich.
The BVS staff reported that the decision to return to in-person orientation “was carefully considered and researched in collaboration with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Brethren Disaster Ministries, Children’s Disaster Services (CDS), and Faith Outreach Expeditions (FaithX). We are excited to be able to gather safely and in intentional community for the orientation experience once more!”
Applications for the fall orientation unit are accepted through Aug. 20, Said the announcement: “Please consider sharing your gifts with BVS to serve a world in need.”
Find out more about Brethren Volunteer Service at www.brethren.org/bvs.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- Bring rocks to National Youth Conference!
- Office of Peacebuilding and Policy signs letter on Cuba, statement on Iran nuclear deal
- EYN women are freed after abductions, including two of the former schoolgirls from Chibok
- One church begot three in troubled northeastern Nigeria
- Andrew Hamilton to lead Southeastern District