The Annual Conference organizers are offering training sessions about how to participate in this year’s virtual Conference. The 2021 Church of the Brethren Annual Conference will take place online from June 30 to July 4. The training events also will be online, offered via Zoom at seven different times over the next couple of weeks.
The trainings are available free to all interested people including delegates and anyone else who wishes to attend the Conference in full or in part. The Zoom sessions will be hosted by Tim Harvey and Carol Elmore of Oak Grove Church of the Brethren in Roanoke, Va. Harvey is a pastor and a former moderator of Annual Conference. Elmore is a pastor and one of the members of the Annual Conference Program and Arrangements Committee.
Dates and times of the training sessions (all times are given in Eastern time):
Wednesday, June 16, 2 p.m.
Thursday, June 17, 11 a.m.
Monday, June 21, 7 p.m.
Tuesday, June 22, 4 p.m.
Thursday, June 24, 2 p.m.
Saturday, June 26, 12 noon
Saturday, June 26, 4 p.m.
For the links to the training sessions, go to www.brethren.org/ac2021.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- Interfaith Prayer Service marks 20th anniversary of 9/11
- Children’s Disaster Services responds to Hurricane Ida, Afghan evacuation
- EDF grants support earthquake relief in Haiti
- Office of Peacebuilding and Policy signs letter supporting Afghan refugees, urging humanitarian action by Biden administration
- Remembering Dale Brown, professor emeritus at Bethany Seminary and a leading theologian in the Church of the Brethren