“Do We Want to Get Well? Healing What Divides Us,” is the title of a webinar planned for Jan. 21, 2021, at 2 p.m. (Eastern time), sponsored by the Discipleship Ministries of the Church of the Brethren in collaboration with the Anabaptist Disabilities Network.
Featured presenter is Amy Julia Becker, an award-winning writer, speaker, and podcaster on the subjects of faith, family, disability, and privilege. She has written four books including White Picket Fences: Turning Towards Love in a World Divided by Privilege. She is a graduate of Princeton University and Princeton Theological Seminary.
“This webinar will take place a day after the inauguration of the President of the United States,” said an announcement. “It also will be during the season of Epiphany, a celebration of God’s love and light brought into the world. There are deep divisions in our country between neighbors, church members, friends, and families. How might we be a part of God’s work of healing ourselves and our relationships?”
Ministers may earn .1 continuing education credit through the Brethren Academy for Ministerial Leadership. Registration is free but required in advance at www.brethren.org/webcasts.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- Interfaith Prayer Service marks 20th anniversary of 9/11
- Children’s Disaster Services responds to Hurricane Ida, Afghan evacuation
- EDF grants support earthquake relief in Haiti
- Office of Peacebuilding and Policy signs letter supporting Afghan refugees, urging humanitarian action by Biden administration
- Remembering Dale Brown, professor emeritus at Bethany Seminary and a leading theologian in the Church of the Brethren