“Do We Want to Get Well? Healing What Divides Us,” is the title of a webinar planned for Jan. 21, 2021, at 2 p.m. (Eastern time), sponsored by the Discipleship Ministries of the Church of the Brethren in collaboration with the Anabaptist Disabilities Network.
Featured presenter is Amy Julia Becker, an award-winning writer, speaker, and podcaster on the subjects of faith, family, disability, and privilege. She has written four books including White Picket Fences: Turning Towards Love in a World Divided by Privilege. She is a graduate of Princeton University and Princeton Theological Seminary.
“This webinar will take place a day after the inauguration of the President of the United States,” said an announcement. “It also will be during the season of Epiphany, a celebration of God’s love and light brought into the world. There are deep divisions in our country between neighbors, church members, friends, and families. How might we be a part of God’s work of healing ourselves and our relationships?”
Ministers may earn .1 continuing education credit through the Brethren Academy for Ministerial Leadership. Registration is free but required in advance at www.brethren.org/webcasts.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- Church of the Brethren study groups are invited to contribute to the Anabaptist Community Bible
- EYN president Joel S. Billi chosen as president of TEKAN ecumenical organization
- EYN Minister’s Council approves ordination of 74 pastors
- This book will change your life
- First GFI grants of the year support agricultural work and education in Africa and New Orleans