The Church of the Brethren Mission and Ministry Board will meet Oct. 16-18 via Zoom for its regular fall meeting. Business will be led by chair Patrick Starkey, assisted by chair-elect Carl Fike and general secretary David Steele.
A full agenda will guide the board’s work, including an update on 2020 finances; consideration and approval of a budget for 2021; updates from the General Secretary; an anti-racism training session; an affirmation of the work of Church of the Brethren staff; and a celebration of the strategic plan that has guided Church of the Brethren ministries over the past 10 years. A new strategic plan, adopted by the board in July, will guide the board and staff into the future.
In addition to the meeting of the full board, the weekend will include the usual board committee meetings.
Open session meetings of the full board will be broadcast via Zoom Webinar. Pre-registration is required to view the meeting. A registration link, the meeting schedule, and meeting documents will be posted at www.brethren.org/mmb/meeting-info .
— Nancy Miner contributed this information to Newsline.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- Church of the Brethren staff plan expansion of agriculture and trauma recovery programing in South Sudan
- Newsline for Feb. 19, 2021
- Brethren bits for Feb. 19, 2021
- FaithX announces opening of registration for Tiers 1, 2, and 3 on March 15
- Children’s Disaster Services recommends BBT resource on children and the pandemic