Marty Barlow will fill the unexpired term of John Mueller on the Church of the Brethren Mission and Ministry Board. Mueller has resigned from the board for personal reasons. Barlow was appointed by the Nominating Committee of Standing Committee to serve through Annual Conference 2021.
Barlow is a member of Montezuma Church of the Brethren in Dayton, Va., in Shenandoah District where she is district moderator. She is retired from a career as a professional counselor. Her previous service to the denomination has included terms on the board of the former Association of Brethren Caregivers and on the former General Board of the Church of the Brethren–predecessor to the Mission and Ministry Board–including service on the executive committee. She was one of the writers for the Ministry of Reconciliation handbook, contributing a chapter on training for Discipleship and Reconciliation Committees. She is a talented amateur photographer and for some years has produced or contributed to calendars raising money for various Church of the Brethren ministries and the Monica Pence Barlow Endowment for Childhood Literacy.
For more about the Mission and Ministry Board go to www.brethren.org/mmb.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- Newsline for Oct. 22, 2021
- Mission and Ministry Board approves 2022 budget for denominational ministries
- Brethren Disaster Ministries-built homes and the Church of the Brethren in Saut Mathurine
- National Youth Conference workshop form is live
- Brethren Benefit Trust announces open enrollment season for 2022 coverage