By LaDonna Sanders Nkosi
We are grateful to announce that the Church of the Brethren is a grant recipient of the Healing Illinois grant of $30,000 towards racial justice initiatives. The Gathering Chicago in the Illinois and Wisconsin District also is among the recipients. Healing Illinois grants are administered by the Chicago Community Trust.
The Church of the Brethren Discipleship Ministries is contributing funds so that congregations and communities across the denomination can participate in an upcoming mini-grant program for Racial Justice and Healing Racism.
Applications will be available Jan. 15, due between Feb. 1 and Feb. 25. Stay tuned for information sessions and updates as well as webinars and events in January through March of 2021, which is our grant period. Congregations and communities from across the Church of the Brethren are welcome to participate.
We give God thanks for all of the churches, members, and friends who have been on the journey to racial justice this year. Thank you! All are in our thoughts and prayers as always and in this holiday season.
— LaDonna Sanders Nkosi is director of the Church of the Brethren Intercultural Ministries.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- Interfaith Prayer Service marks 20th anniversary of 9/11
- Children’s Disaster Services responds to Hurricane Ida, Afghan evacuation
- EDF grants support earthquake relief in Haiti
- Office of Peacebuilding and Policy signs letter supporting Afghan refugees, urging humanitarian action by Biden administration
- Remembering Dale Brown, professor emeritus at Bethany Seminary and a leading theologian in the Church of the Brethren