The Church of the Brethren’s Global Mission and Service has been separated into two departments: Global Mission and Service Ministries. The action carried out by general secretary David Steele was announced today, Sept. 25.
Roy Winter, who had been associate executive director of Global Mission and Service and Brethren Disaster Ministries, will provide oversight for Service Ministries as executive director.
The following will be shifted under the new area of Service Ministries: Brethren Disaster Ministries, Brethren Volunteer Service, Children’s Disaster Services, the Emergency Disaster Fund, Material Resources, and the Workcamp Ministry.
Carol and Norm Waggy are the interim directors of Global Mission while the Church of the Brethren continues to seek applicants to fill the fulltime position.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- Global Food Initiative grants go to Haiti agriculture program, community garden, food distribution program
- Disaster grants support relief work in Honduras, the Democratic Republic of Congo, India, and Iowa
- Newsline for July 16, 2021
- Brethren bits for July 16, 2021
- The time to act is now: Rights of conscientious objectors and the Selective Service System