The Church of the Brethren’s Global Mission and Service has been separated into two departments: Global Mission and Service Ministries. The action carried out by general secretary David Steele was announced today, Sept. 25.
Roy Winter, who had been associate executive director of Global Mission and Service and Brethren Disaster Ministries, will provide oversight for Service Ministries as executive director.
The following will be shifted under the new area of Service Ministries: Brethren Disaster Ministries, Brethren Volunteer Service, Children’s Disaster Services, the Emergency Disaster Fund, Material Resources, and the Workcamp Ministry.
Carol and Norm Waggy are the interim directors of Global Mission while the Church of the Brethren continues to seek applicants to fill the fulltime position.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- CDS helps care for children and families among asylum seekers in Chicago area
- Church of the Brethren general secretary signs letter from Christian leaders to President Biden
- ‘Prayer Vigil: Ceasefire Now!’ will pray for peace in Israel and Palestine
- Next online meeting of Standing with People of Color process is Nov. 18
- Standing Committee of Annual Conference to hold online meetings open to the public