Annual Conference moderator Paul Mundey is offering the next Moderator’s Town Hall on “Faith, Science, and COVID-19–Part Three” on Jan. 21, 2021, at 7 p.m. (Eastern time). Dr. Kathryn Jacobsen, who has been the resource person for the previous two town halls on this topic, will again be featured.
The event will center on current trend lines related to the COVID-19 crisis along with relevant topics such as the rollout of vaccines. A special focus will be the role of churches in response to the crisis, as the faith community is called to grapple with the realities of both faith and science.
Jacobsen is a member of the Church of the Brethren and a professor in the Department of Global and Community Health at George Mason University, Fairfax, Va. She is a specialist in infectious disease epidemiology and global health.
Register at tinyurl.com/ModTownHallJan2021. Interested persons are encouraged to sign up early, as the event is limited to the first 500 registrants. Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- Remembering Belita Mitchell
- Fitzkee and Hollenberg head the ballot for the 2024 Annual Conference
- Mission Advancement shares matching gift opportunity
- Introducing ‘Shine Everywhere’
- Church of the Brethren general secretary one of more than 20 Christian leaders urging ceasefire in Israel and Palestine