Annual Conference moderator Paul Mundey is offering the next Moderator’s Town Hall on “Faith, Science, and COVID-19–Part Three” on Jan. 21, 2021, at 7 p.m. (Eastern time). Dr. Kathryn Jacobsen, who has been the resource person for the previous two town halls on this topic, will again be featured.
The event will center on current trend lines related to the COVID-19 crisis along with relevant topics such as the rollout of vaccines. A special focus will be the role of churches in response to the crisis, as the faith community is called to grapple with the realities of both faith and science.
Jacobsen is a member of the Church of the Brethren and a professor in the Department of Global and Community Health at George Mason University, Fairfax, Va. She is a specialist in infectious disease epidemiology and global health.
Register at tinyurl.com/ModTownHallJan2021. Interested persons are encouraged to sign up early, as the event is limited to the first 500 registrants. Email questions to email@example.com.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- Bring rocks to National Youth Conference!
- Office of Peacebuilding and Policy signs letter on Cuba, statement on Iran nuclear deal
- EYN women are freed after abductions, including two of the former schoolgirls from Chibok
- One church begot three in troubled northeastern Nigeria
- Andrew Hamilton to lead Southeastern District