By Becky Ullom Naugle
Erika Clary will be the coordinator of National Youth Conference (NYC) 2022. Clary, who recently completed degrees at Bridgewater (Va.) College, is originally from Brownsville Church of the Brethren in Knoxville, Md. She majored in mathematics and minored in American Studies.
“Ever since my first NYC in 2014, I’ve thought about how incredible it would be to coordinate NYC,” Clary reflected. “I was fortunate to serve on the 2018 National Youth Cabinet and saw a lot of the ‘behind the scenes’ work. I am excited to serve the denomination and to work with people I have looked up to within the denomination.
“NYC is a fantastic experience that allows youth to grow in faith and in community, and I can’t wait to watch that happen again in 2022. I know it will be a learning and life-changing experience for me as well, but I’m ready for the growth that this season will bring!”
Clary and the 2021-2022 National Youth Cabinet will meet online in early 2021 to begin planning the event.
— Becky Ullom Naugle is director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries for the Church of the Brethren.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- Remembering Belita Mitchell
- Fitzkee and Hollenberg head the ballot for the 2024 Annual Conference
- Mission Advancement shares matching gift opportunity
- Introducing ‘Shine Everywhere’
- Church of the Brethren general secretary one of more than 20 Christian leaders urging ceasefire in Israel and Palestine