By Nancy Sollenberger Heishman
A Sabbath rest-themed sermon prepared by Annual Conference moderator Paul Mundey has been posted on the Church of the Brethren website. At the invitation of the Office of Ministry, this sermon is designed to provide a resource to congregations to enable them to support their pastor taking time away from the responsibilities of preaching.
The sermon focuses on words from Jeremiah 31:25: “I will satisfy the weary, and all who are faint I will replenish.” This scripture assures us that God accompanies us in upheaval, offering sanctuary amid stormy anxiety, doubt, and fear.
Congregations and their ministers are encouraged to partner together to find rest and refreshment in the midst of these days, and encourage preachers to take a Sunday off from preaching sometime this fall.
Find the video at www.brethren.org/ministryoffice . The video is available with closed captioning in English and subtitles in Spanish. Written transcripts are available in English and Spanish at the same link.
— Nancy Sollenberger Heishman is director of the Church of the Brethren’s Office of Ministry.
Find more Church of the Brethren news:
- Newsline for Oct. 22, 2021
- Mission and Ministry Board approves 2022 budget for denominational ministries
- Brethren Disaster Ministries-built homes and the Church of the Brethren in Saut Mathurine
- National Youth Conference workshop form is live
- Brethren Benefit Trust announces open enrollment season for 2022 coverage