(May 15, 2007) — The New Windsor (Md.) Conference Center hosted the nine members of Brethren Volunteer Service (BVS) Older Adult Unit 274 for an orientation from April 23-May 4.
During the orientation, volunteers had several days to serve the community including a workday at the Brethren Service Center working at A Greater Gift/SERRV, and an opportunity to work with the Brethren Nutrition Program in Washington, D.C.
The volunteers, their home congregations or home towns, and placements follow:
- Marilou Booth of Pasadena (Calif.) Church of the Brethren
- MaryAnn Davis of Live Oak (Calif.) Church of the Brethren
- David and Maria Huber of Yellow Creek (Ind.) Church of the Brethren will work at the New Windsor (Md.) Conference Center
- Barbara and Ron Siney of West Charleston (Ohio) Church of the Brethren will be placed at Alderson (W.Va.) Hospitality House
- Kent and Sarah Switzer of Cedar Lake (Ind.) Church of the Brethren will go to the World Friendship Center in Hiroshima, Japan
- Steve VanZandt of Washington, D.C., will be placed with Cooperiis in Mill Spring, N.C.
For more information about BVS call the office at 800-323-8039 or visit http://www.brethrenvolunteerservice.org/.