Here’s how it works:
- You decide you would like to make a commitment to write to someone on death row at least once each month for one year.
- You sign up using the online form, or send us your name, address, age, and religious affiliation.
- You will receive a confirmation email in about one week; it will require a response from you. Emails from DRSP often seem to land in junk or spam folders; if you have not received an email within one week of signing up, please check those folders.
- Depending on your response, we will either send you a letter from someone on death row who has requested a pen pal (this may take up to three months), or we will send you a letter from someone with a life sentence (this takes up to one week). Either option comes with guidelines for writing.
- You write and mail (or email) a letter to the person whose information we send you.
- If you have questions or concerns that are not addressed in the frequently asked questions page, please contact us.
Death Row Support Project
PO Box 600
Liberty Mills, IN 46946