Here’s how it works:
- You decide you would like to make a commitment to write to someone on death row at least once each month for one year. (If you prefer to correspond using email, you will be expected to write at least twice each month.)
- You sign up using the online form, or send us your name, address, age, and religious affiliation.
- In about one week, you will receive a confirmation email, which requires you to respond with your preferred option. Emails from DRSP often seem to land in junk or spam folders; if you have not received an email within one week of signing up, please check those folders.
- The confirmation email will give you the current wait time for being assigned a pen pal. When your assignment has been made, you will be notified by email (DRSP information will be sent by regular mail).
- After you receive the information, which comes with guidelines for writing, it will be time to write and mail or email a letter to the person on death row. And then eagerly await a response!
- If you have questions or concerns that are not addressed in the frequently asked questions page, please contact us.
Death Row Support Project
PO Box 600
Liberty Mills, IN 46946