Each year, we form one large worshiping congregation on Annual Conference Sunday, as many congregations and individuals tune into the webcast on Sunday morning. We invite you and your congregation to join the streaming worship on Sunday, July 4, 2021. By streaming the Annual Conference service for the worship in your church, your congregation can worship along with thousands of other Brethren!
Different time zones or worship times are not an obstacle, because even the live webcast can be rewound and paused, so anyone can start streaming the beginning of the Annual Conference worship whenever your church service starts (as long as it is after 10:00 am Eastern Time). We will broadcast the service in both Spanish and English. Worship bulletins will even be prepared for you to download and print! Individuals can easily participate via their computers, tablets, or even their smartphones. For a larger worshiping group or congregation, just follow these instructions:
What You Will Need
- A computer connected to the internet
- A projector and screen (or handy light-colored wall)
- The sound system in your church (or powered computer speakers)
- Arrange for the best internet connection possible.
If you want to check your internet speed, go to www.speedtest.net. A connection of 1.0 Mbps download is recommended, higher is better. (Hint: If on a shared internet connection, request that others refrain from use while you are connected.)
- Connect the computer to the projector and to the sound system (or speakers).
- Test your set up! Click the green WORSHIP button at the top left on this page and play any of the videos from the webcast site.
Connecting to the Morning Service on July 4
- For best results, it is highly recommended that you fully reboot your computer, close all other programs, and make sure your computer has completed any updates or anti-virus scans in the half hour before showing a webcast, to reduce competition for system resources.
- Log onto the Internet and go to this page brethren.org/ac2021/webcasts (hint: bookmark this page) and click the green Worship button.
- The service begins at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time. You can begin your congregation’s watching at any point:
- If you log in before the service has begun, wait for the stream to start, then you may pause at any point (or rewind to any point) at which you would like to start playback (e.g., at the beginning of the call to worship, or at the sermon). When your congregation is ready to begin the service, just play the stream from the place you paused.
- If you log in while the service is still streaming, you may pause the stream, and slide the progress bar at the bottom of the screen to rewind back to wherever you wish your playback to begin. Begin to play from that point when your congregation is ready.
- If you log in after the service has already concluded, the recording will be listed on the right of the webcast page (if the list of recordings are not visible, click on the “Posts” icon, which looks likes three stacked pages). Click on the recording you wish to play. Skip directly to where you want to begin playback, as above.
Helpful Hints and Tips for Watching
- Cue Points. The webcast team will do their best to post cue points in the streaming chat while live (and available on the recording), and also as a separate entry on the Event Posts (after the recording is posted), so you have a good idea where to position the progress bar to begin your playback.
- Full Screen. Once you are ready to present the webcast, set your screen to Full Screen mode to have the webcast fill the whole screen.
While streaming a video in normal mode, moving your mouse over the video will make the “Full screen” control appear at the lower right corner. (To exit full screen, press Esc.)
- Quality. You can choose how much bandwidth streams to your computer—for instance, you can eliminate buffering problems by choosing a lower bandwidth quality.
The settings button appears next to the full-screen icon at lower right corner, and looks like “HD” or a cell bar or a gear wheel, depending on your browser.
- Chat. We would be delighted for you to share your words of welcome with the wider church, and our webcast team is ready to respond… so please login and share a greeting if you are able!
To open the chat, click the chat icon at the upper right—it looks like a cartoon talk bubble. (We suggest that you use a different computer than one being used to display the stream full screen for a congregation!)
- Recordings. Every worship service will be recorded and available for anyone to view afterwards. All recordings appear when the Event Posts icon at the upper right is selected. Just click any recording listed to view.
Follow Up: Celebrating Our Unity
If your congregation joins the Sunday morning service live, you may join the chat and let us know where you are joining us from, and how many are gathered to worship where you are! If you wish to share later, please email email@example.com after the service to let us know which congregation, where, and how many worshipers were in attendance, that way we can celebrate how widely we have gathered to worship together!
If you have any other questions regarding the webcasting of the Sunday morning service you can email or call the Conference Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-323-8039, extension 366. Or follow the instructions under Tech Tips to be in touch with our webcaster.