While church plants with the Church of the Brethren will represent a wide range of funding models, the national new church advisory committee recognizes the need to sustain the supportive resources in priorities one through four with a strong financial base.
God is doing a new thing through the Church of the Brethren. A movement of emerging mission points and church planting is gaining momentum. Passion is rising. Vision is expanding. Commitment is deepening. Networks are developing. People are acting.
New Church Development Handbook
Written by David K. Shumate, the book covers the following:
- Chapter One: Why Plant New Congregations?
- Chapter Two: Core Values of the Church of the Brethren
- Chapter Three: Models of Church Planting
- Chapter Four: The Importance of Vision
- Chapter Five: Leadership for Church Planting
- Chapter Six: Laying the Foundation
- Chapter Seven: Building upon the Foundation
- Chapter Eight: Land and Location
- Chapter Nine: Partnership and Role Definitions
- Chapter Ten: Polity and Guidelines for Projects, Fellowships and
- Chapter Eleven: Partner Relationships with Emerging Congregations
- Chapter Twelve: Developing a Coaching Network for the Apostle