- Brethren Press’s Advent devotional for 2021, Hoosier Prophet, Maria’s Kit of Comfort among new resources for Brethrenby Cheryl Brumbaugh-Cayford on September 24, 2021 at 11:05 am
New resources from Brethren Press include the 2021 Advent devotional booklet, this year titled Do Not Be Afraid and written by Angela Finet. Also new from the Church of the Brethren publishing house is Hoosier Prophet: Selected Writings of Dan West, a collection of the writings of the founder of Heifer Project, now Heifer International. Now available to pre-order is a new children’s book about the ministry of Children’s Disaster Services, titled Maria’s Kit of Comfort.
- CDS volunteers help welcome Afghan children and families evacuated to the USby Cheryl Brumbaugh-Cayford on September 23, 2021 at 4:53 pm
The month of September has been a busy one for Children’s Disaster Services (CDS). With pandemic protocols in place, CDS volunteer teams have been responding to many requests to serve.
- Children’s Disaster Services responds to Hurricane Ida, Afghan evacuationby Cheryl Brumbaugh-Cayford on September 3, 2021 at 1:00 pm
respond to Hurricane Ida and to provide care for children of Afghan evacuees, after a busy few weeks monitoring several deployment possibilities as well as preparing for multiple trainings to continue to prepare volunteers to respond to the special needs of children in disaster and trauma-related situations.
- Children’s Disaster Services resumes volunteer trainingby Cheryl Brumbaugh-Cayford on July 23, 2021 at 5:19 pm
Children’s Disaster Services (CDS) is announcing its first volunteer training workshops since pandemic restrictions started last year. At this time, three events have been announced:
- Children’s Disaster Services has completed its work at Surfside building collapseby Cheryl Brumbaugh-Cayford on July 16, 2021 at 2:52 pm
The Children’s Disaster Services (CDS) team serving at the Surfside building collapse in Florida returned home after a six-day deployment, due to low numbers of children in the facilities.