- Carolyn Neher to lead Children’s Disaster Servicesby Cheryl Brumbaugh-Cayford on May 17, 2023 at 6:24 pm
Carolyn Neher begins June 5 as associate director of Children’s Disaster Services (CDS), a program of Brethren Disaster Ministries.
- CDS volunteers deploy to Multi-Agency Resource Centers in Arkansasby Cheryl Brumbaugh-Cayford on April 21, 2023 at 4:41 pm
Five Children’s Disaster Services (CDS) volunteers deployed this week to the Little Rock, Ark., vicinity after a series of three tornados hit the area on March 31. One EF3 tornado, with winds of 165 miles per hour, touched down west of Little Rock and stayed on the ground for 34 miles, causing extensive damage.
- CDS deploys to Missouriby Cheryl Brumbaugh-Cayford on April 14, 2023 at 6:08 pm
Three Children’s Disaster Services (CDS) volunteers served April 12-13 at a Multi-Agency Resource Center (MARC) in Marble Hill, Mo., caring for children affected by a strong tornado that hit Bollinger County (southeastern Missouri) in the early hours of April 5.
- Emergency Disaster Fund supports aid program in Rwanda, training by Child Life Disaster Reliefby Cheryl Brumbaugh-Cayford on April 13, 2023 at 4:13 pm
The staff of Brethren Disaster Ministries have directed recent grants from the Church of the Brethren’s Emergency Disaster Fund (EDF) to support aid being provided to families in need by the Rwanda Church of the Brethren; and to support volunteer training by Child Life Disaster Relief.
- Children’s Disaster Services offers training sessionsby Jan Fischer Bachman on March 17, 2023 at 6:07 pm
Children’s Disaster Services has three upcoming training events. Participants completing the 25-hour workshops will have the opportunity to become certified Children’s Disaster Services volunteers. CDS would love to see an increase in the number of Church of the Brethren-related volunteers.