- Brethren Disaster Ministries and Children’s Disaster Services monitor situation at borderby Cheryl Brumbaugh-Cayford on April 9, 2021 at 1:30 pm
Staff of Brethren Disaster Ministries and Children’s Disaster Services (CDS) are monitoring the situation at the southern border of the United States as numbers of migrants increase, in particular the conditions for families with children and unaccompanied minors.
- Nigerian Sunday school teachers learn the Healing Hearts curriculum for trauma healingby Cheryl Brumbaugh-Cayford on March 12, 2021 at 8:45 pm
The peace program of Ekklesiyar Yan’uwa a Nigeria (EYN, the Church of the Brethren in Nigeria) held a Trauma Healing Workshop on Feb. 21-24. Forty-two Sunday school teachers from 15 districts attended.
- Children’s Disaster Services recommends BBT resource on children and the pandemicby Cheryl Brumbaugh-Cayford on February 19, 2021 at 5:20 pm
Children and families continue to face isolation, and challenges abound with the pandemic continuing. Mental health for all ages has been impacted on some level. As we approach the one‐year anniversary of “flattening the curve” to slow the virus down, some may be feeling like this will never end. So, how can we face this year with hope and a plan to keep our families moving in the right direction?
- Children’s Disaster Services exceeds goal for donations of Individual Kits of Comfortby Cheryl Brumbaugh-Cayford on September 30, 2020 at 9:14 pm
Children’s Disaster Services (CDS) has exceeded its goal of 2,500 Individual Kits of Comfort to provide to children affected by disasters this year. CDS has developed the Individual Kit of Comfort as an alternative for in-person care to children affected by disasters during the COVID-19 pandemic. The Individual Kit of Comfort was created to promote
- Brethren Disaster Ministries monitors disaster situations, Children’s Disaster Services sends out Individual Kits of Comfortby Jan Fischer Bachman on August 28, 2020 at 12:51 am
Brethren Disaster Ministries is monitoring the situation in Louisiana and Texas in the aftermath of Hurricane Laura as well as the wildfires affecting northern California. Staff are participating in national coordinating calls and communicating with partner organizations to coordinate any response. The initial Church of the Brethren response has begun with Children’s Disaster Services (CDS). The Red Cross activated CDS to deploy 600 Individual Kits of Comfort to aid children and families affected by Hurricane Laura and the California wildfires.