- Brethren Disaster Ministries closes Coastal Carolinas project, Children’s Disaster Services continues work at borderby Cheryl Brumbaugh-Cayford on June 4, 2021 at 5:01 pm
In updates from Brethren Disaster Ministries and Children’s Disaster Services (CDS), the rebuilding project site in North Carolina has been closed, with the prospect of reopening the site this fall. CDS has sent a second volunteer team to Texas to work with migrant children and families at the border
- EDF grants support CDS work on border, COVID-19 relief in Nigeria and around the worldby Cheryl Brumbaugh-Cayford on May 7, 2021 at 8:25 pm
Brethren Disaster Ministries has directed grants from the Church of the Brethren Emergency Disaster Fund to COVID-19 response in Nigeria through Ekklesiyar Yan’uwa a Nigeria (EYN, the Church of the Brethren in Nigeria) and the worldwide COVID response by Church World Service (CWS). Another grant supports CWS relief work in Indonesia and Timor-Leste following flooding. A grant also has been given to support a humanitarian response at the southern US border by Children’s Disaster Services (CDS).
- Children’s Disaster Services deploys team to work with children at borderby Cheryl Brumbaugh-Cayford on May 1, 2021 at 1:21 pm
Children’s Disaster Services (CDS) has deployed a team to work with children along the US/Mexico border in Texas. This CDS team will be on location for two weeks, providing creative play opportunities for the children and much needed rest for their parents before the next leg of their journey. Since arriving in Texas, the team has been averaging 40 to 45 children per day in the CDS center.
- Brethren Disaster Ministries and Children’s Disaster Services monitor situation at borderby Cheryl Brumbaugh-Cayford on April 9, 2021 at 1:30 pm
Staff of Brethren Disaster Ministries and Children’s Disaster Services (CDS) are monitoring the situation at the southern border of the United States as numbers of migrants increase, in particular the conditions for families with children and unaccompanied minors.
- Nigerian Sunday school teachers learn the Healing Hearts curriculum for trauma healingby Cheryl Brumbaugh-Cayford on March 12, 2021 at 8:45 pm
The peace program of Ekklesiyar Yan’uwa a Nigeria (EYN, the Church of the Brethren in Nigeria) held a Trauma Healing Workshop on Feb. 21-24. Forty-two Sunday school teachers from 15 districts attended.