Every year many Church of the Brethren Annual Conference attendees make a point of intentionally carving out a space in their busy conference schedule to donate blood at the Annual Blood Drive. Between 1984 and 2019, conference attendees gave 8,825 pints of blood! In recent years we have averaged over 170 pints each year.
The Annual Conference Virtual Blood Drive was held in 2016 and 2019 to invite those not attending the conference to also give blood by pledging online and donating locally. In 2021, with the entire conference online, we are encouraging everyone in the Church of the Brethren, regardless of whether you register for the conference, to join the Virtual Blood Drive (details below) and to donate locally between June 15 and July 15. We need you to let us know that you gave blood so we can keep track of the donations and can give a final tally once the drive is over.
Here is how you participate in the 2021 Virtual Blood Drive:
- Pledge to give blood on behalf of the Church of the Brethren by
- Going to www.brethren.org/virtualblooddrive2021 where you can pledge through the American Red Cross SleevesUp website;
- OR, you can contact Brethren Disaster Ministries, and give us your pledge by email (firstname.lastname@example.org ) or phone (800-451-4407 x1).
- Find a blood drive near you offered by any blood service and make an appointment to donate. Red Cross blood drives
- Keep your appointment! Take a photo, if you can, to celebrate your gift and to encourage others to also donate.
- Make sure to let BDM know by email or phone that you followed through with your pledge. It is the only way we can confirm that you gave blood.
- Share your photos with us and share them on social media: #SleevesUpBrethren2021.
For more information contact Sharon Franzen at email@example.com or 800-451-4407 x1