Program & Arrangements Committee Policy
Catered Meal Event Guidelines
Download this document: Meal Event Guidelines (PDF)
Following are the Program & Arrangements Committee (P&AC) guidelines for planning and scheduling meal events:
Church of the Brethren, Inc., Districts and Reportable Agencies
The Annual Conference agencies and groups that serve the church and/or are reportable to it by election of Board Members and financial accountability. These groups are integral to the structure and program-ming of the Annual Conference event.
- Church of the Brethren, Inc.
- Brethren Benefit Trust/Brethren Foundation
- Bethany Theological Seminary
- Districts/Council of District Executives
- On Earth Peace/Ministry of Reconciliation
Groups relating to the Church of the Brethren for whom Program and Arrangements Committee only provides space for meal events in conjunction with Annual Conference. If your agency is not reportable to the Annual Conference, you are a part of this listing.
Logistical Guidelines for Planning Meal Events
Church of the Brethren, Inc., Reportable Agencies and Districts
- Meal events must be scheduled through the space request process and all event information forms must be submitted.
- Planner may use information packet posted on the Annual Conference website to promote meal event.
- Event will be included on the Ticket Order form during the registration process.
- Service provided by the Annual Conference office include: assistance with menu selection, ticket printing, and ticket sales.
- Planner is required to provide an advance guarantee for the number of expected participants.
- Meal events will be included in the daily schedule of the Conference Booklet.
- Musical or other groups who perform at meal events and wish to sell CDs, DVDs, or other items must seek the permission of P&AC.
Same as above, except that the listing for meal events in the daily schedule of the Conference Booklet will include some notation that the sponsoring group is not reportable to the Annual Conference.
The following guidelines should be considered by all groups planning the program for meal events:
- Programs should give witness to our denominational commitment to continuing the work of Jesus
- Programs for meal and other special events should align with the mission of Annual Conference to unite, strengthen, and equip the Church of the Brethren to follow Jesus.
- Programs should be in harmony with Annual Conference statements and decisions.
- Programs should not lobby for Annual Conference to adopt a particular action in relation to any item on the business agenda.
- Programs should encourage connection and build community.
- Programs should promote unity, rather than division, within the body.
Revised by P&AC September 1997, July 1998, July 1999, November 2007, August 2009, November 2021