Annual Conference 2011 webcasts
Live worship services and business sessions
Live coverage has ended. See below for recordings.
NOTE: We have re-coded and replaced all files below and hope that they now work. Please let us know if you still encounter difficulties. To watch online, click the play button; only use the "download" button if you want to save the files to your computer.
Brethren Press also offers a conference wrap-up and DVD of sermons.
To see printed sermon texts and bulletins, go to the Annual Conference 2011 news coverage page.
Recorded worship services and business sessions
Click the links below to access recorded sessions. Press the "play" button to watch a session or use "download" button to save files to your computer. (They are very large files, so saving them will take a long time.)
SATURDAY, July 2, 2011
- 6:50 pm - Opening worship service with preacher Robert Alley, worship leader Tim Harvey, music coordinator Bev Anspaugh, choir director Alan Gumm, organist Josh Tindall, pianist Jenny Williams, soloist Erin Matteson and the Ecclesia Bell Choir from Manchester (IN) Church of the Brethren, plus a special offering of comforters and school kits. The sermon, "A tale of two tables," was followed by breaking bread together.
SUNDAY, July 3, 2011
- 9 am - Bible study with Dana Cassell, Daniel D'Oleo, and Wilmer Horst.
- 10 am -Worship service with speaker Craig Smith, worship leaders Joel and Linetta Ballew, mime Tanya Stewart, special music including choir and a brass quintet, and more.
- 1:55 pm - Business session part 1 and part 2 with worship, moderator's opening statement, introduction of new fellowships, consecration of delegates, review of delegate functions and conference procedures, review and approval of agenda, introduction of international guests, update from Ministry Leadership Council, Unfinished Business #3: Report of Congregational Ethics Study Committee, and memorial tribute.
- 6:55 pm - Business session with worship, presentation of the balllot (with nominations from the floor), "Historical Vignette 1711" featuring a phone call between Jack Bach and Alexander Mack, and Special Response Steps 1 and 2 regarding Unfinished Business #1 and 2.
MONDAY, July 4, 2011
- 8:30 am - Worship and business session, part 1 and part 2 with worship, elections, panel of agencies, confirmation of appointees, "Historical Vignette 1811," report of Pastoral Compensation and Benefits Advisory Committee, and Bible study.
- 1:55 pm - Business session, part 1, part 2, and part 3 with worship, BVS Partners in Service Award, Special Response Step 3, report of Council of District Executives.
- 7 pm - Worship service with youth choir, Samuel Sarpiya speaking on "We Are a Gift with a Promise," worship leader Nate Polzin, soloist Victoria Smith, music coordinator Bev Anspaugh, organist Josh Tindall, pianist Jenny Williams. dramatist Aaron Hubble, and instrumentalists Tim Joseph, banjo, Byron Joseph, guitar, and Louise Brody, fiddle.
TUESDAY, July 5, 2011
- 8:30 am - Business session part 1 and part 2 with worship led by Chris Bowman, the continuation of Special Response steps 4 & 5, and a Bible study led by Mark Baliles.
- 1:55 pm - Business session part 1 and part 2 including the introduction of ecumenical guests, reports from the Committee on Interchurch Relations, WCC, NCC, and CCT, the conclusion of the Special Response process steps 4 and 5, Historical Vignette 1911, New Business #2, Query on Conference Decorum, and New Business #1, Query on Guidelines for Responding to the Changing of Earth's Climate.
- 6:45 pm - Worship service featuring children's choir, conference choir and string quartet, drama, preacher Dava Hensley speaking on "The Invitation List" and more.
- 9 pm - Additional business session on the climate change query and the war in Afghanistan.
WEDNESDAY, July 7, 2011
- 8:30 am - Business session with Brethren peacemaking reports and other final business.
- 10 am - Closing worship service featuring Rhonda Pittman Gingrich as worship leader, vocalist Derek Self, readers Justin Biddle, Liz Bidgood Enders, Sophia Gingrich, Joel Pena, and Christina Singh, preacher Stan Noffsinger speaking on "Let's Partake: Called to..." plus the consecration of the congregation and the 2012 Moderator, Tim Harvey.