2012 Older Adult Month: Aging with passion and purpose
… the hope to which you have been called...
and the gift of older adults
in your congregation!
May is Older Adult Month, a time to celebrate God’s gift of aging and the contributions of older adults in our lives and congregations.
By recognizing the gifts of older adults
faith and wisdom
energy and commitment
experience, talents, and skills
we honor their legacies and contributions.
Recognize your congregation’s adults age 50 and older
- Invite older adults to plan and lead a worship service during May
- Hold a reception or potluck luncheon honoring older adults
- Send a personalized note to older adults in your congregation, thanking them for the gifts they bring to your faith community
- Develop a mentoring program that pairs an older adult with a youth, young adult, or family in your congregation
- Ask older adults to share their faith statements each Sunday in May
- Visit with an older adult who may not be able to attend church
- Plan an intergenerational activity or event for your congregation
2012’s theme, Aging with Passion and Purpose, connects with the theme of the 2011 National Older Adult Conference, Passion and Purpose in a Changing World