Photo by Regina Holmes
Deacon Ministry director Donna Kline leads a training workshop for deacons.
The Church of the Brethren Deacon Ministry has scheduled five workshops this fall, offering training for deacons in local congregations. Most of the workshops will offer a number of sessions on topics such as “What are Deacons Supposed to Do Anyway?” “Beyond Casseroles: Offering Support Creatively,” “Deacons and Pastors: The Pastoral Care Team,” and more.
For the latest Brethren news go to the main Newsline page
The one-day events generally begin with registration at 8:30 a.m. and opening worship at 9 a.m., and end by 3 p.m. Other schedules pertain to workshops held during district gatherings.
Following are dates and locations of workshops:
- Saturday, Sept. 29, at East Chippewa Church of the Brethren in Orrville, Ohio
- Saturday, Oct. 13, held as a Northern Plains District event at Camp Pine Lake in Eldora, Iowa
- Saturday, Oct. 20, at Antioch Church of the Brethren, Rocky Mount, Va. (contact the Antioch Church at 540-483-2087 or firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for this event by Oct. 12)
- Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 27-28, held during the Gathering event in Western Plains District, at Salina, Kan.
- Saturday, Nov. 10, at the Village at Morrisons Cove, Martinsburg, Pa.
For more information about the workshops and training for deacons go to www.brethren.org/deacontraining . For more about the denomination’s Deacon Ministry contact director Donna Kline at 800-323-8039 ext. 306 or email@example.com .