Fellowship of Brethren Homes
Founded in 1958, the Brethren Homes and Hospital Association was a group of CEOs and representatives from Bethany Hospital and Brethren-affiliated retirement homes. Because these facilities carried out ministry to and for the church, leadership in BHHA believed that an official connection with the denominational structure of the Church of the Brethren was important.
In 1984, BHHA merged with the Brethren Health and Welfare Association, which later became the Association of Brethren Caregivers. The Association of Brethren Caregivers became the Church of the Brethren's Caring Ministries in 2008.