Global Mission Advocate Network
Purpose: Equip Church of the Brethren districts and congregations to promote and invigorate mission efforts at individual, congregational, and district levels.
Stay abreast of Church of the Brethren activities worldwide. We need people in each congregation to help promote the mission work of our church! Read here about how you can stay informed and help inform others.
Global Mission and Service office
- Send regular mission updates to District and Congregational Advocates, including prayer requests, stories from the mission field, opportunities for involvement, and more;
- Keep an active list of all District and Congregational Advocates;
- Provide avenues for congregation and district support of mission;
- Host Mission Alive conferences and other mission-focused events.
Each district is encouraged to appoint or give blessing to one person to serve as the District Global Mission Advocate.
- Inform the district of mission updates through district newsletters, websites, conferences, and other avenues, as available;
- Help recruit and resource Congregational Advocates in each congregation throughout the district.
Each congregation is encouraged to appoint or give blessing to one person to serve as the Congregational Global Mission Advocate.
- Inform the congregation of mission updates;
- Serve as an advocate for funding of Church of the Brethren missions;
- Encourage congregation members to consider mission service opportunities;
- Lead prayer efforts and other engagement opportunities in the congregation;
- When available, host mission workers in the congregation for speaking or other engagement opportunities.