Deacon Insights offer brief inspiring thoughts on care-giving.
- Look up
- The Do-Over
- That's My Church!
- Let there be music
- So that your days may be long
- We're everywhere
Welcome and hospitality
- Downloadable Deacon Emeritus certificate
- Essential Servants: Reflections on the Caring Ministries of Deacons, by Fred Swartz
- Essential Servants II: More Reflections on the Caring Ministries of Deacons, by Fred Swartz (includes combined index for Volumes I and II)
- The New Deacon Manual
- Go to the Brethren Press store, and in the search box in the upper left corner enter the word ‘deacon’ for other documents.
End-of-life decision making
One of the most thoughtful things that can be done as a part of end-of-life planning is to provide notes for your memorial service or funeral. This example can be downloaded and modified to meet your congregation’s needs.
Click the book covers for more information or to order from Brethren Press.
Deacon Spirituality and Commitment
Offering Support During Grief and Loss James E. Miller—How Can I Help?/What Will Help Me?Fort Wayne, IN: Willowgreen, 1994.
Wengerd, Sara—A Healing Grief: Walking with Your Friend Through Loss. Scottsdale, PA: Herald Press, 2002.