Children’s Disaster Services
Equipping volunteers - certification and registration
To become a certified volunteer for Children’s Disaster Services, you must:
- be 18 yeas of age or older.
- genuinely care about children.
- be a team player.
- be in good physical and mental health.
- work well under stress.
- be able to adapt to adverse conditions.
In addition, a volunteer must:
- successfully complete an intensive 27-hour workshop.
- be recommended by the trainers of that workshop.
- provide at least 2 approved personal references.
- obtain a clean Criminal Background & Sexual Offender Check.