BRETHREN HISTORICAL LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES

 

 

CONTROL FORM

 

District of Columbia, Washington City Church

 

 

8/

Title                                                                             Classification Number

 

                      /  12-28-79

 

79-235

date received/date accessioned                                   accession number

 

NAME AND ADDRESS OF SOURCE:

Edith Bonsack Barnes

104 N. Commonwealth Ave.

Elgin, IL  60120

X

Donor

 

 

Purchase                   $

 

 

Lent for copying

 

 

Date returned

 

 

Deposited

 

 

James R. Lynch

 

1906-1909

 

1 volume

Processor

inclusive dates of series

quantity

 

 

 

RESTRICTIONS/TERMS OF DEPOSIT: None

 

BRIEF DESCRIPTION:  The Washington City Church was initially established as a mission by William M. Lyon in 1892.  A regular congregation formed in 1894.  The church building was constructed in 1899.  During 1930-1931 the sanctuary was renovated and Sunday school rooms were added.  In 1960-1962, an annex was added to include a fellowship hall, offices, and more classrooms.  (Brethren Encyclopedia, 1319-1320)

 

Location

Record subseries

Dates

Quantity

Storage Room (Archival Envelope)

“Record of Washington City Church beginning April 1, 1906—pastorate of Charles D. Bonsack”

(includes membership record, officials installed, sermons preached, marriages performed)

1906-1909

1 volume (33 pages)