Annual Conference Leadership Components
Annual Conference leadership is composed of the Program and Arrangements Committee, the Conference Director, and the Annual Conference Officers. More information about these offices is available.
- Each component is integral to the function and mission of Annual Conference.
- Each component has a separate and distinct assignment.
- Each component is accountable to the other components to fulfill its own task and expects the other components to act responsibly in the fulfillment of their tasks.
Program & Arrangements Committee
- Plans the program and arrangements for Annual Conference
- Administers the policies guiding Annual Conference on-site activities and makes recommendations regarding any desired changes to the policies
- Prepares an annual budget for Annual Conference, including recommended delegate and exhibit fees and district assessments
- Secures the locations and set dates for future Annual Conferences
Annual Conference Officers
- Receive and process the business of Annual Conference and establish and manage agendas for Standing Committee and the Conference
- Represent the Conference at District meetings and other appropriate settings
- Respond to concerns of denominational members regarding actions and activities of Conference
- Appoint messengers, timekeepers, tellers, and such other persons as needed for accomplishing the Conference business
- Create and maintain Conference minutes and other important documents
- Coordinate the work of the Standing Committee nominating committee
Director of Conference Office
- Carry out the responsibilities/directives of the Program and Arrangements Committee and the Conference Officers
- Assist the chairs of the leadership components in the preparation of agendas for the components' meetings
- Facilitate the meetings of study committees and other special task groups of Annual Conference
- Manage day-by-day functions of Annual Conference
- Serve as the primary contact for all inquiries, queries, suggestions, requests related to Annual Conference
- Employ the Annual Conference Assistant and other support staff as needed and supervises their work
- Serve as liaison for the Program and Arrangements Committee with the other Annual Conference agencies, districts, and other Brethren-related groups.